Provide level II internal IT support, internal network and system change control, as well as troubleshooting and problem resolution. Perform routine network maintenance and configuration. Oversee the daily upkeep and administration of NeoNova’s network infrastructure and computer systems. Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the company’s’ network infrastructure and architecture.
- Implementation and maintenance of the company’s’ network infrastructure and architecture as laid out by higher level engineers.
- Provide advanced technical support.
- Maintain NeoNova’s internal network environment (servers, workstations, firewalls, switches, phones), which includes both local and remote users.
- Monitor and maintain system uptime, security, virtual environments, and disaster recovery.
- Support Linux/Networking environments for affiliates, including troubleshooting and problem resolution for operating system and hardware issues.
- Support affiliate change requests and conversions.
- Provide support for engineering and professional services projects.
- Monitor and manage NeoNova and customer devices (servers and network gear).
- Troubleshoot problems reported directly by customers and internal technical support teams.
- Perform change management activities,which includes performing code upgrades to production systems.
- Study information on new technology.
- Provide mentoring to junior level staff.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to learn and understand current and evolving technologies.
- Ability to communicate and problem solve efficiently and effectively with identified customers and IT personnel to ensure the implementation of accurate processes.
- Intermediate knowledge of all aspects of network including installation, management, application deployment, advanced routing protocols, and security.
- Advanced documentation and communication skills.
- Advanced ability to be proactive, detail-oriented, and self motivated.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience managing network and server infrastructure, including troubleshooting, physical installations, modifications, replacements and configuration changes.
- Experience with network monitoring tools such as Nagios, PRTG, and SolarWinds
- Experience debugging bridged/DHCP-based networks (including Option 82 use).
- Experience debugging PPPoE connections.
- Experience configuring Cisco routers and switches (IOS-based) including implementing ACLs and static routes.
- Familiarity with Linux server environments (Redhat / Centos preferred).
- Familiarity with virtualization such as oVirt or VMWare.
- Layer 2 network debugging (including 802.1q VLAN work) and Layer 3 network debugging.
- Thorough understanding of subnetting principles including CIDR notation.
- OSI layer troubleshooting.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- This position requires On call support rotation – 24×7 support. Minimum domestic travel possible, approximately 5%.
How to Apply
Are you our next Network Engineer I? Send your email and cover letter to HR@neonova.net