Design, document, modify, develop, and test software applications within the NeoNova product set. Responsible for low-defect software through design review, test development and execution with collaborative quality assurance. Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle – including requirements gathering, system design, implementation, and review of test plans.
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications and detailed design, providing estimates to software management in a timely fashion.
- Adhere to instructions and pre-established software development guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Day-to-day application development, support, and enhancements.
- Utilize software development best practices, communicating design with a willingness to take feedback from team members to optimize time and to produce higher quality.
- Engage with manager and product management to understand their short- and long-term goals and feature requirements.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, changes, and corrections.
- Correct complicated defects and make enhancements to resolve customer problems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong familiarity with PHP, MySQL.
- Comfortable familiarity with front-end/UI tools and design
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Good knowledge of commonly-used software development concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Good knowledge of testing methodologies and techniques.
- Good interpersonal skills including frequent collaboration and communication, through the agile development process, with the rest of the Software Engineering team.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong design and coding skills with strong attention to details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong client focused skills.
- Ability to work with teams in different geographical locations.
- Networking protocols, AAA experience are pluses.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Four (4) years of software development experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Work is typically performed in an office setting.
- Occasionally travel may be required.
How to Apply
Are you our next Software Engineer? Send your resume and cover letter to HR@neonova.net.