Receive and respond to customer inquiries via phone, fax, email, and other means of communication in a clear concise, timely, and professional manner. Provide customer services to new as well as existing customers.
- Answer customer inquiries and access information from multiple sources using various computer programs.
- Create relationships by partnering and collaborating with peers, supervisors, and higher level service center personnel to answer more complex customer questions.
- Follow-up with customers on all inquiries that were not immediately resolved.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all correspondence and customer interactions, both internal and external.
- Contact new customers to follow up or sell a particular service or take inbound customer service queries depending on the project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the following tools/products: broadband connectivity issues, broadband authentication services, wireless networking, security software (ZoneAlarm), desktop backup software (KeepIt), ISP web portal, user password resets, spam quarantine settings (Google Apps, Postini, Red Condor, etc), NovaSupport, NovaSubscriber, ZenDesk, MySupport, Backupify, Cpanel (web hosting), etc.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent documentation skills and follow up skills so all tickets are clearly noted for future reference and audit purposes.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of MS office applications and efficient typing skills (45 WPM).
- Ability to use questioning and listening skills that support effective telephone communication.
- Ability to use an effective approach to handle special telephone tasks like call transfers, taking messages, call backs, holds, interruptions, and unintentional disconnects.
- Ability to apply the elements of building positive rapport with different types of customers over the phone.
- Ability to multi-task by talk, type, and chat and keep the customer interaction seamless.
- Must have flexibility for schedule, including ability to work nights and weekends.
Minimum Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year of related support experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Work is typically performed in an office setting.
How to Apply
Are you our next Technical Support Agent? Send your resume and cover letter to HR@neonova.net.